viernes, 11 de mayo de 2018

The food


Title of the unit: The food

Level: first grade

Subject: Science

 

In this unit we are review some concepts that the children already know like food and parts of the body and introduce new vocabulary with the help of books, online interactives activities and songs.

 

My objectives of this teaching unit are:

To learn about a healthy diet

To learn vocabulary and phrases concerning diet and food

To recognize the importance of healthy eating.

To classify food into food groups.

To identify the main meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner.

To become familiar with the Food Pyramid.

To know the most importance healthy lifestyle habits 


In total, there will be 5 sessions' 45 minute each one.
I detail them below

I will do different distribution of the class according the task:


-          Small group: to play games, look for information, some of the tasks.

-          Individual group: for writing activities, complete sentences, matching and classify words…


Sessions:

1st  session: Food:  part 1 vocabulary

We will learn the basic vocabulary about food with flashcards.. (grammar: What is this? This is …., I like...,I don´t like...)

2nd session: healthy food part 2

We will review the vocabulary of the last session, then we will classify between healthy and unhealthy food. Finally, we will create a healthy menu for a single day. (Grammar: What is this? This is …., My favourite food is…, Do you like…? Yes, I do/No, I don't.  I like…, Is it healthy or unhealthy?)

3rd session:  Food groups part 3 vocabulary

We will learn the food vocabulary and classify the in groups: meat, vegetables, sweets, fish, etc. After that, we will create a pyramid food. (Gammar: What is this? This is …., My favourite food is…, Do you like…? Yes, I do/No, I don't.  I like…)

4th session: The five senses

We will read the book "My five senses" and we will do worksheets about it. We will create a sense box. (Grammar: can/can't Example: I can see with my eyes)

5th session: Healthy lifestyle habits

We will review all the vocabulary learned and we will learn basic healthy .

Elena Morato Rojo


--


3 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Unknown12 de mayo de 2018, 5:33
    ¡Hola Elena! Muy interesante tu proyecto final, está todo muy bien enfocado y tiene un sentido práctico. ¡Enhorabuena!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hola Elena!
    Me ha resultado muy ameno tu proyecto. Aunque no soy experta, me ha parecido que está muy bien y las sesiones muy bien planificadas.
    Un saludo!

    ResponderEliminar