miércoles, 18 de diciembre de 2019

Playing a Blues

The purpose of this unit is to aquaint the pupil with some of the tools and vocabulary used in blues music. When I thought this didactic unit my priority was to be: realistic, fun and the most important priority is to involve all the students in the musical practice. I am fed up of watching contents that only explain musical theory and from my pont of view you have to play music in the classroom.

Other aspect that I was interested in is to try to make music far away from classical music. Textbooks discriminate against popular music and focus its contents primarily on classical music.

The activity is called " Playing a Blues" and is aimed to fourth ESO students considering that in the music curriculum includes popular music.

The objectives of this didactic unit are:

-To be able to play a blues in E major.

-To make a small improvisation over E pentatonic and E blues scale.

-To Know Blues History.

-To Know the relation between slavery in America and African America music.

The tasks are:

- Create a blues composition in E major with several instruments as xylophone, piano, guitar, tambourine, guitar and drums. Another important and creative task will be improvise over a Blues form using E pentatonic and E blues scale.

I also add a detailed description of all the lessons and the activities to do in the Activity Plan.

I also include photographs and links to some videos I will use in the lessons.



Daniel Antonio Arbizu Mula


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario